First Aid Training During Covid-19
First Aid Training during Covid-19 has now become a top priority for all training providers and in order to ensure we can continue to provide High Quality Training that allows our clients to carry out all the necessary practical elements of the course without risk during this pandemic, we have introduced our risk assessment with the following guidelines that need to be met by both the client and ourselves.
Prior to the Course
First Aid Training during Covid 19 will require our risk assessment, detailing all the necessary requirements, to be adhered to during training by client and trainer. This will include social distancing measures and seating arrangements. cleaning and sanitation prior to and during the course, and amendments to training practical techniques to allow for no contact training.
Attendees will not be able to attend if:
- you have been self-isolating in the last 10 days due to covid-19 symptoms
- you have been living in a household with someone who is self-isolating due to covid-19 symptoms in the last 10 days
- you have a new and persistent cough
- you have had a fever in the last 24 hours
- you have lost your sense of taste or smell
- you have tested positive for coronavirus within the last 2 weeks
We strongly advise that candidates do a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending.
On Arrival and Induction
- We will ask all learners to wash or sanitise their hands.
- A safety brief will be conducted with 2 very short videos on the coronavirus spread and sanitation throughout the course.
- Seating will be arranged 1 metre apart of which must remain at all times.
- We will advise on how practical sessions are to be conducted with maintaining the 1 metre social distancing rule throughout, along with our amendments on how we can carry out the practical sessions without contact with each other.
- We will advise on toilet and refreshment breaks to ensure the 1 metre social distancing rule is adhered to.
- We will advise on the sanitation of all equipment used prior to and after practical sessions.
Our Trainers will provide:
- Resuscitation shields
- Non latex gloves
- Sterile bandages
- Sterile slings
- Anti-bacterial cleaning product
All delegates are required to wear a face covering, at all times, when attending training venues, unless medically exempt.
We are working hard to ensure your safety and providing the learner can meet the requirements of the first aid training safety rules we can deliver your course with the utmost safety to protect everyone.
We will continue to review and update our measures in line with the latest Government Guidance.
“It’s business as usual but you are in Safe Hands”
If you wish to book a first aid course with us please see all our available Traditional and Blended Courses.
We also offer Fully Funded Level 2 Distance Learning (No Cost to the Learner)